I have been following those hot internet trends lately, and decided to follow along the hit internet challenge of January - The Kylo Ren Challenge, let's all celebrate putting black pants up and yet still show nipples.
We are all going to ignore the "Tide Pod" challenge, which from what I am gathering is children being told by their parents to do their laundry and fucking up royally with the simple act of throwing a dissolvable bag of bleach into a washing machine.
The other trend is the "likes" for something, but because i am not really an internet personality, nor do i have enough klout to get likes that much on social media, I figured I would answer one of these lists right now, ALL 30 QUESTIONS, BECAUSE I LIKE MYSELF THAT MUCH
1. @jordha because it's JORDan HAss, my name - at the time Jonathan Coulton changed his twitter handle to joco, probably to save space when sending tweets, but now it's 280 so who cares, anyway, i am an idiot because somebody else is jordanhass now. oh well.
2. My mom inspires me every day to follow my dreams, but as far as creatively, I really love Charlie Brooker (from his days at screenwipe to now), to Jim Carrey (for being so versatile in different creative areas) to Chuck Barris (from being this weird insane game show producer that pioneered alternative ways to look at game shows.
3. I do care what others think of me, but only if I have respect for them, rather they are mutuals in the industry, or somebody who has been a longtime friend of mine, I did open up that sarahah for that very reason and so far, so good.
4. Honestly, I don't really have much planned, I think I will try for a few auditions, but I don't really "set in stone" any dates. I am pretty sure on my birthday (March 1) I will probably be at a Dave & Busters and a trampoline bounce place, but other than that, nothing much.
I look forward to seeing what I could do with "Guilty Pleasures" though, it might just be a podcast?
5. "Forgive your past, but never forget the future" I think we all look back at what we did wrong in our lives a little too harshly, we reminds ourselves of our screw-ups, or wanting to go back a certain way, but in reality, we are living in the year 2018, things change, some for the best, sometimes worst, and you need to plan accordingly, even if it's preordering a video game, or setting a date to see a movie.
6. I would love to be Nightwing in a project, or a Game Show Host, or do a screewipe-type show... or some mix of all three, who knows?
7. Superman, I think he would be a really cool dude. (Don't tell Batman)
8. A Game Show Host (because the lack of comic book shops meant not that much on Nightwing)
9. Nightwing (wait, I am starting to see a trend here)
10. I would love to understand all foreign languages so I could speak with the world, but because that would be nearly impossible - probably something to help me out with acting, such as singing or stuntwork
11. An Anime Convention, but honestly, probably in a situation where I am with a friend that is a minority, and we are in a place that's very unwelcoming to people who aren't the default straight white male.... solely because, it's easy to speak up, but really tough to convey into words how their ideology is garbage.
12. ART: The comic art of both Kris Anka and Kevin Wada, just because of the way they present their characters and subjects, it's colors, and gaze.
MUSIC: I really like P!nk, she is really amazing, but also I got into Taylor Swift (yet enjoy Kanye as well)
13. I think they meant "fired up" like annoyed/angry, and honestly, not that many things do upset me, but one that probably annoys others is when you are at a starbucks or a taco bell or a mcdonalds, and you have that one customer that doesn't know the menu, so they ask hundreds of questions, and not things like out of dietary restrictions, but questioning "what is in a mocha latte? is that with chocolate?"
Same thing with whoever decides to sample the entire baskin robbins menu.
14. I really really love Batman, but, folks, seriously, it's really creepy when you slash Batman with a Robin, because more than likely that Robin is a teenager, and it's like pedophilia. I mean, you do you, but c'mon. Especially ESPECIALLY something with Damian Wayne, because the kid is 12/13 years old, and that is just fucked up. Plus, like Robin has all sorts of Teen Titans to smooch instead!
15. Depends on what it is, when it's writing something under a time crunch - I just quickly write it down as fast as I can, and then save it... get it done, go back and reread after a good nap. If it's something else, I just pace around, maybe run, do a bit more exercise, and play with that grip thing...
16. To remind you of that motto - forgive your past... it's hard to pick a "good day" to repeat over and over, so probably something like, I dunno, January 1st 2014? One of those ordinary days but nothing bad really happened, and you just sort of relax and do nothing?
17. I used to not jump to conclusions that much about people, but because of the latest political climate, and so many garbage things like gamerhate, it's hard NOT to jump to conclusions, but more or less, I just assume it's people hurting, and they are taking it out on those that show emotion over their own suffering. I think reading tweets, and those wanting to "get into debate" or just wanting to be angry over things like feminism or lgbt issues, do not deserve your attention, there is no way to change their ideology, when it's fueled by hatred of others, you just have to ignore them (mute them or block them from twitter and facebook) and wait for them to figure out their errors on their own.
18. I would probably be one of those weird ones that get like the microphone, a question card back, but then for some reason, a WWE broken table or something.
19. Graduated College helps, making my own documentary helped, working on a game show helped, I think it's tough to pin-point any one thing. But the most satisfaction I get is when mutuals in the industry want to say hello or need help with something. Send me those emails and messages!
20. Live Scorpions
21. In real life, I once bought a year of website hosting for something that had not a single update or article, but online I saw people bidding on that McDonald's McJordan sauce from the 90s and thought that was really silly.
22. About me? "Jordan hates things just because they are popular" (because I do not, I think some trends are just a tad annoying, because you're not following what you want to do, just what is "current" at the time)
Overall misconception? - "If we allow X to exist, what is next? Y?". Because it's just tiresome, the slippery-slopes don't exist, it's just pointless scare tactics because people just don't like LGBT people (or try and divide that to try and exclude Trans, or Non-Binary people in the equation, no, they matter)
23. Arsenal Comics & Games of Newbury Park, California! - Ask for Timmy, he is really the greatest comic book owner you will have, and is very welcoming to all new readers and is very inclusive. A swell place to make friends!
25. Sometimes I rewatch early episodes of "The Simpsons", or shows like Saturday Night Live or In Living Color, but if it's an actual show with arc - most likely The IT Crowd.
26. I think I am pretty much "The Leader" but only because I am the one always opening my mouth and trying to figure out ideas and solutions.
27. Do not tell anybody, but it would have to be Jack , he is definitely funnier than me, knows more about video games than me, and is better at puzzles than me. That and maybe my good buddy Thomas , who I know will probably be working in the Comic Book industry eventually, his passion for characters and stories is fascinating,and he knows his stuff.
28. I still do not feel comfortable talking about it, but let's just say, I have been stalked before, and it was really really troubling. Not just online, but in real life. Complete with phone numbers and home address. It's scary, and rough, and one of those issues that needs to be addressed when it comes to regulating the internet to assist when it goes offline.
29. While I would say my entire Life's motto is told very well in Nightwing Issue #29 (From New-52), I would have to say the best lesson in a work of fiction would actually come from another piece of Batman folklore...
30. Appeal to edgelord teenagers, through the means of laughing at other's misfortune. When people go through problems, it's best to help them out, and get them what they need (a therapist, a friend, etc.) rather than watching them meltdown and celebrate their anger or cry. So many people do this because they want to hide their drama to the public (being gay, being "a furry", cheating on a partner, admitting they have depression, a death in their family, etc.) or feel that their life is just really boring, so they want to feed into this fire through hatred.
I am reminded of the Darren Brown Experiment called "Remote Control"
In it, he creates a "game show" where he gets a studio audience to put on masks and "anonymously" vote on outcomes to an unsuspecting member of the public, as the choices get more and more grimmer, the audience continues pushing it, until it gets out of hand (which is true in real world mob-rule, as well as the internet)
Anyway, that just about does it for the 30 questions, i leave you now with another one of those great videos that cheers me up.